Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inspiration

I've been feeling lazy about my style choices this summer, so I decided to do a little (grueling) research in order to get ideas about how to turn it up a notch. This is what I found.

(These pictures are obviously not mine.)



Let's start with Alexa Chung, who looks absolutely perfect, 24/7. A good style lesson many people could benefit from: class up those trashy shorts with a fancy, satiny blouse.



Alexis Bledel has certainly come a long way. The jacket is perfect for an LA summer, the pants could not be more whimsical and the shoes accent it all perfectly.



Oh, Chace Crawford. How I love a good charcoal/black combo on guys. I had originally found a precious photo of Penn Badgley, but then I noticed that he was (gag) wearing flip flops. Notice how they KILL his outfit completely. Just say no, fellas.



Selena Gomez has had several well-dressed days recently, but I chose this one because she looks classy (cardigan and flats) and accessible (white top and jeans). Love.



I spent way too much time scouring the interweb for pictures of Kristen Stewart not looking homeless, but emerged from this distressing task with no success. Instead, I chose her costar, Anna Kendrick, whom I have recently become obsessed with. Just look at those shoes!



Let's call it a weakness for guys in sweaters, because that's what it all comes down to in the case of the amazing Joseph Gordon-Levitt.


Trust me when I say that it is quite awkward to be much better dressed than your other half. I'm so glad Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron exist to prove that it's important for both halves to look good.



We end with my personal celebrity style icon: Rachel Bilson. A loose top, cut-offs (Paige Premium Denim - I really need these shorts) and a colorful bag make this the perfect summer outfit. And if Rachel's anything like me, she's only looking down because she's admiring how cute her shoes are.

P.S. This picture makes me happier than anything in the world:




Thank you, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page for existing. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment